Thursday, October 17, 2013

Why I create Drink Sleeves!

Why do I create drink sleeves? They seem to simple, not a huge trend item, not the number 1 to go shop for item. But, I started creating them when I needed a simple crochet-on-the-go project. Not too much thinking, can use all the fun colors, keeps my hands busy while I watch my daughter swim, wait in the car in school, or just on a long drive and I am not driving.

The surprise was how much I enjoyed having one on my drink cup. So much so, that I always keep one in my purse.

They do really keep the drink hotter than that ill-fitting paper sleeve. They really do keep your hand protected from the hot cup, the paper sleeve still allows a "burn" to seep through.

They do catch the drips if the cup is too full, your hands are too full, the cup tilts, the sleeve is there ready to absorb and prevent a drip on your "gasp" new trousers or white pants!

They are like a sponge if you really do spill, I have had an accident, grabbed my sleeve off the cup, picked up the spill before it was a major tragedy, and could still use it! Washed it at home, voila! Back in good form.

Most of all, they cheer me up. Early morning, rough day, the sleeve colors and cheerful designs I like to come up with give me a lift.

Next most of all, they really are a comfort on the hands when holding the cup. The softness and cushy-ness of the cozy helps me grip the cup better and feels "cozy" to my hand, no matter what the weather.

They really have become a daily essential to me. Such a little thing, so much joy. Just like a good cup of coffee.

Check them out! I am happy to make you one.

Go to my shop, GeGe, at www.gege.artfire.com.

See you there!




No comments:

Post a Comment